A Path To Permanent Residency For Investors And Entrepreneurs
International entrepreneurs who invest in American projects bring new ideas and new resources to the United States economy. The federal government recognizes this value, and has designated the EB-5 immigration investment visa for this class of individuals.
At Schwartz Posel Immigration Law Group, our attorneys have many years of experience helping investors in obtaining this type of visa. He and his staff can help you understand the requirements for applying for the EB-5 visa, meeting all the relevant deadlines, and complying with all paperwork requests from the federal government.
Steps To Qualifying For An EB-5 Visa
In order to qualify for an EB-5 visa, an individual must meet several key qualifications, and there is a standard process to follow:
- You must invest in or find a qualifying project to invest in.
- You must invest at least $1 million in the selected project (or $500,000 if the project is in a targeted employment area).
- You must submit a business plan or provide evidence that your project will provide at least 10 new full-time jobs.
- Your immigration attorney will assist you in filling out the I-526 petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services agency (USCIS), which, if approved, will allow you to apply for your green card, or permanent residency status. Once approved, you will obtain two-year conditional permanent residency status in the United States.
- Ninety days prior to the second anniversary of your conditional permanent residency, you must file an I-829 petition with USCIS, which, if approved, would grant you unconditional permanent residency.
Benefits Of EB-5 Visas
This visa is a very attractive option for people interested in moving their business operations to America, starting a new business in the United States, or investing in an USCIS pre-approved Regional Center. Some of the top benefits of obtaining an EB-5 visa are:
- Filing for a green card without employer or family sponsorship
- Unrestricted access to traveling and working in the United States
- Ability to establish your business anywhere within the country
- Green cards for you and your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 years old
Explore Your Immigration Options Today
Schwartz Posel Immigration Law Group is based in Atlanta, but we serve clients throughout Georgia and across the country. Call us to speak with one of our lawyers at 770-951-1100 or contact us through our online intake form.