Martha M. Garcia
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
Martha joined Schwartz Posel Immigration Law Group in 2005. She handles cases in all areas of U.S. Immigration Law, including employment-based immigration (both immigrant as well as non-immigrant applications), family-based immigration (in the United States as well as consular processing overseas), naturalization, and asylum applications.
Martha regularly represents foreign nationals before U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), the Executive Officer for Immigration Review (EOIR), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the Department of Labor (DOL), the Department of State (DOS), and the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO). She also prepares writs of mandamus to the Federal District Court seeking adjudication of long-pending delayed applications.
Martha is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), where she served as the chair for the AILA Atlanta Chapter Asylum Committee from 2010-2011, and also served in the Atlanta AILA USCIS Committee from 2012-2013.
Prior to joining Schwartz Posel Immigration Law Group, Martha was a staff attorney at Catholic Charities Immigration Services in Atlanta, GA, and she also practiced commercial law at the law firm of Arrieta Mantilla & Asociados in Bogotá, Colombia.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Based Immigration (both immigrant and non-immigrant applications)
- Family Based Immigration (both in the United States and consular processing)
- Supreme Court of New York
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- LL.M., Master of Laws - 2003
- Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Senora Del Rosario, Bogota
- J.D. - 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta AILA USCIS Committee, 2012 to 2013
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- New York State Bar
- AILA Atlanta Chapter Asylum Committee, Chair, 2010 to 2011
- Catholic Charities Immigration Services in Atlanta, GA, Staff Attorney
- Arrieta Mantilla & Associados in Bogotá, Colombia