Schwartz Posel Immigration Law Group
Phone: 678-813-1936

January 2019 Archives

The asylum process may give you access to a green card

The U.S. government allows immigrants to seek asylum in Georgia or any other state. Sometimes, immigrants begin the process of application from abroad. Other times, people arrive at U.S. borders asking for protection, perhaps because they fled poverty, violence or persecution in their countries of origin. If you are hoping that the government will grant you status as a refugee, you'll want to know as much about the process as possible.

What is needed to seek an adjustment of status?

If a person was born in another country and is residing in Georgia or elsewhere the U.S. without a green card, it may be possible for them to remain in the country if they meet the requirements for an adjustment of status. Basically, this qualifies them to pursue a green card that will allow them to remain in the country as a lawful permanent resident. There are several requirements that must be met to qualify for an adjustment of status.

What does the government shutdown mean for immigration services?

We are now more than three weeks into the partial government shutdown. Whether you're applying for your green card or looking to renew your passport for your upcoming vacation abroad, you might be wondering how this shutdown is impacting immigration services.

contact us

Contact an attorney

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

5500 Interstate North Parkway
Suite 450 RiverEdge One
Atlanta, GA 30328

Phone: 678-813-1936
Fax: 770-951-1113
Atlanta Law Office Map