Schwartz Posel Immigration Law Group - Immigration Attorney
Phone: 678-813-1936

Applying For A K-1 Visa

Foreign fiancées/fiancés who intend to marry a U.S. citizen may be eligible for a K-1 visa. Obtaining a K1 visa allows your fiancée/fiancé to travel to the United States to get married and then to apply for a green card based on your marriage. In order to apply, you must provide evidence that you are engaged, have physically seen each other within the past two years, and intend to marry within 90 days of entering the country. Once your K-1 visa is approved, you are required to enter the United States within 180 days and marry your fiancée within 90 days of arriving.

After you are married, you can request adjustment of status to obtain a green card.

Helping Unite Together

To speak with a lawyer at our firm, please contact us online or call 678-813-1936. We are located in Atlanta but we serve clients throughout Georgia and from countries around the world.

contact us

Contact an attorney

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

5500 Interstate North Parkway
Suite 450 RiverEdge One
Atlanta, GA 30328

Phone: 678-813-1936
Fax: 770-951-1113
Atlanta Law Office Map